DR. Darius Bliznikas
Darius Bliznikas, M.D. is a diligent and dependable ear, nose and throat doctor caring for Chicago's greater south suburban community. Dr. Bliznikas attended the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Faculty of Medicine in Kaunas, where he received his medical degree. Dr. Bliznikas completed his internship in general surgery at Loyola University Medical Center and his residency in otolaryngology at Wayne State University.
Dr. Bliznikas is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. Patients trust Dr. Bliznikas’ expertise because he consistently provides high quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes. Dr. Bliznikas is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient's situation and individual needs.
Dr. Bliznikas dedicated his time to conduct clinical research in medical and surgical treatment of Chronic Sinusitis, Sleep Apnea, and Snoring. His extensive exposure to clinical research allows him to apply the acquired knowledge to patient's specific problems and to achieve satisfactory treatment outcomes.
Dr. Bliznikas is a leader in minimally invasive surgical treatment of nasal problems and symptoms. He was one of the first practitioners to introduce the Balloon Sinuplasty surgical treatment for Chronic Sinusitis to South Suburban Chicago area. He was also the first to offer the absorbable Latera implant for Nasal Valve Collapse treatment.
1. Darius Bliznikas, Ho-Sheng Lin: The impact of surgical treatment of OSA on cardiac risk factors. In Friedman M, ed. Sleep apnea and snoring: surgical and non-surgical therapy, London: Elsevier; 2008.
2. Michael Friedman, Darius Bliznikas, Ramakrishnan Vidyasagar, BT Woodson, Ninos J Joseph: Reduction of C-reactive protein with surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006 Dec;135(6):900-905.
3. Michael Friedman, Darius Bliznikas, Ramakrishnan Vidyasagar, Ninos J Joseph, Landsberg R: Long-term results after endoscopic sinus surgery involving frontal recess dissection. Laryngoscope. 2006 Apr;116(4):573-9.
4. Michael Friedman, Darius Bliznikas, Klein M, Duggal P, Somenek M, Joseph N: Comparison of the incidences of obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in African-Americans versus Caucasian-Americans. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006 Apr;134(4):545-50.
5. Michael Friedman, Ramakrishnan Vidyasagar, Darius Bliznikas, Ninos J Joseph: Patient selection and efficacy of pillar implant technique for treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006 Feb;134(2):187-96.
6. Michael Friedman, Ramakrishnan Vidyasagar, Darius Bliznikas, Ninos J Joseph: Does severity of obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome predict uvulopalatopharyngoplasty outcome? Laryngoscope. 2005 Dec;115(12):2109-13.
7. Michael Friedman, Ramakrishnan Vidyasagar, Darius Bliznikas, Ninos J Joseph: Intraoperative intact parathyroid hormone level monitoring as a guide to parathyroid reimplantation after thyroidectomy. Laryngoscope, 2005; 115:34-38.
8. Michael Friedman, Darius Bliznikas, Ramakrishnan Vidyasagar, Roy Landsberg: Frontal sinus surgery 2004: update of clinical anatomy and surgical techniques. Op Tech Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2004; 15:23-31.
9. Darius Bliznikas, Soly Baredes: Percutaneous tracheotomy. In: eMedicine Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery, 2001 St Petersburg, eMedicine.com, Inc.
10. Darius Bliznikas, Soly Baredes: Spasmodic dysphonia. In: eMedicine Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery, 2001 St Petersburg, eMedicine.com, Inc.
11. Darius Bliznikas, Romas Kasinskas: The Ramsay-Hunt Syndrome. Lithuanian Medical J 19:201-205, 1999.